Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Year - New Path

Happy 2015

I hope you all had a fantastic Holiday Season. Our Christmas was nice and quiet. We were snowed in and did not leave the house for 4 days. We missed another year of spending Christmas with our daughter, we did have a really nice long conversation on the telephone.

With the New Year comes many new changes. I have been doing a lot of thinking about my blog and I'm ready to take a new path.

Since June I have been trying to post on two blogs.....well that isn't working both have suffered. Here are some of the changes you will find at Living Rancho Delux.

* I will be cutting back on my food blogging - There are so many great food bloggers out there, that are  much better cooks than I am, have the time to staged their creations and get fantastic photos. I'm a home cook, I take a photo, we eat and that is not going to change. When I come across a recipe I am really happy with I will post it. I will continue to post cookbook reviews.

* I am closing my other blog which was my getting healthy blog.  In June I started walking, which  led to running and participating in my first 5K and watching my food intake. By November I had lost 50 pounds. I got sick in November and all hell fell broke loose and I have gained 10 pounds back. I will be posting my journey here as I get back into walking and once the snow is gone running again.

* I have two Etsy Shops that I want to get running in 2015 and my husband will be working with me to make my dream come to life. Both shops will have handmade gifts - I needed two shops for different styles. You will find them here - Rancho Delux and Hot Pink Lemonade. I will post updates to my stores on my blog.

* I love arts and crafts and I will be posting more on what I'm my working on. I am going to be trying my luck at watercolors and drawing. I'm hoping to see some progress in my work over 2015. I have some cross-stitch projects, up-cycle projects and home decorating that I will be working on this year.

* I will have a segment on my blog - The Reading Room - more on that later.

I've been sitting on my ass way too much and need to stop dreaming about the things I want to do and just do them, I figure my blog will help hold me accountable for my goals.

I hope you will stick with me through the changes and maybe inspire you to join me in my 2015 Journey.




4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Pam! I loved reading about the changes you have in mind- change means growth! You are inspiring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait for the "new" blog, exciting changes for the new year! I'm glad you aren't cutting out your weight loss posts entirely because I am still on that journey myself and would love the company :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheryl, I'm excited for the New Year on the blog. The old blog helped keep me accountable and stay on track.

      Delete

 
Blogging tips