Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Cookbook Review - Inside The Test Kitchen - Tyler Florence

My first cookbook review of 2015, I have had this cookbook since last year and I am late doing a review on it.

I'm sure there isn't a household that has not heard the name Tyler Florence, Food Network Star, numerous cookbooks under his belt, restaurant owner, wine maker and business owner.

Tyler's latest cookbook is Inside The Test Kitchen, 120 new recipes, perfected. Although it isn't my favorite Tyler Florence cookbook I did find some recipes that I want to make. My list includes Cheddar-Black Pepper Crackers, Extra-Light Cornbread, Pork Carnitas Tacos and Thai Chicken Salad. I also found the Five-In-One Mix for muffins, pancakes, waffles, cakes and cookies to be very helpful over buying the boxed stuff in the grocery store (nice to know what you are eating).

What I didn't care for was the text-book style of writing I found it distracting, the photos were blah and frankly some of the recipes are not new - take the No-Sweat Poached Eggs, I saw this on Pinterest over a year ago.

I do think this cookbook would be a nice gift for someone just stepping into the kitchen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips