Monday, December 8, 2014

Made With Chobani

When t Chobani asked me to participate in the #MadeWithChobani project I jumped at the chance.  What the good people at Chobani didn't know is Chobani has been a big part of my Get Healthy journey.

In June I made the choice to start walking and eating healthy. I purchased a FitBit and everyday I started walking. Starting with 3,000 steps a day, then I was up to 5,000, then 10,000 and my average is around 15,000 steps a day (my best day is over 30,000).  I even started running and in October I ran my first ever 5k. I live on a mountain and I have been walking up and down that mountain, almost everyday. Since June I have lost 50 pounds and I am off my blood pressure medication and I'm working on losing more weight.

With all this hard work I changed how I ate. Chobani Greek Yogurts are a big part of my breakfast and lunch. I make a Chobani Yogurt Banana Chai Smoothie which is a meal in its self. (I will share the recipe this week)

When I make scrambled eggs I substitute Chobani Plain Yogurt for the milk and it makes my scrambled eggs creamy, add some asparagus and chopped tomatoes and serve with a english muffin and breakfast is served.

One of my favorite dishes I make with Chobani is my Roasted Shrimp Lettuce Wraps with Chobani Dip.

With Chobani eating healthy is a delicious start to my day.
















































Roasted Shrimp Lettuce Wraps with Chobani Dip

Chobani Dip

1 cup Chobani Plain Yogurt
1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons grated ginger
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 crank freshly ground black pepper
1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
pinch Chinese 5 spice
zest from 1 lime
juice from 1/2 lime
1 clove garlic, minced
2 greens onions, sliced thin including greens

Combine all ingredients and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.

Vegetables

2 carrots, cut into thin matchsticks
2 large roma tomatoes, cut into thin matchsticks
1/4 orange bell pepper, cut into thin matchsticks
1/4 yellow bell pepper, cut into thin matchsticks
1/4 red bell pepper, cut into thin matchsticks
1/2 english cucumber, cut into thin matchsticks
3 large radishes, cut into thin matchsticks
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
zest of one lime
juice of one lime
1 tablespoon rosemary, minced and divided
1 tablespoon thyme, minced and divided
salt and pepper to taste

Place cut vegetables in a bowl; add olive oil, vinegar, lime zest and juice, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper. Toss and place to the side while you prepare and cook the shrimp.

Shrimp

1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
rosemary and thyme
1/2 lime juice

Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Clean, peel and devein shrimp place on a foil lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, rosemary and thyme; toss to make sure all the shrimp are covered. Roast for 5 to 8 minutes; until shrimp are tender and done. Remove tails if left on and drizzle with lime juice.

Assemble

6 lettuce leaves
2 green onions, sliced including greens

Place vegetables on top of lettuce leaf, spoon Chobani Dip on top, add 2 to 3 shrimps depending on size, add a dollop more of the Chobani Dip and sprinkles with sliced green onions.

My Chobani Dip is also great served with a vegetable platter or substitute the dip for mayonnaise on your sandwich.

Here is a photo of the day I started my journey and the day of my 5k run.



1 comment:

 
Blogging tips