Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Cookbook Review - Sunday Suppers by Karen Mordechai

I received a copy of Sunday Suppers Recipes + Gatherings by Karen Mordechai for review.



















Karen Mordechai has put together a lovely cookbook for small gatherings and meals to enjoy at home or taken on the road.  I was first taken with the front cover of the book, simple and inviting. There was something about the look of linen fabric with a gorgeous photograph of a simple peasant meal on the cover, I knew this would be the cookbook I would use to entertain my closest family and friends.

Karen's photographs in this cookbook are beautifully done and I enjoyed the introduction, it gave me an understanding of Karen's passion.

Each section of the cookbook starts with a menu and a description of the plot and wonderful quotes, I find this cookbook very romantic and thoughtful.

The very first is Morning and the Menu is Cream Biscuits with Jam Butters, Perfectly Scrambled Eggs, Greens, Blood Orange, halved, Green Juice and French Press Coffee. I looked forward to reading the next menu and start planning what I was going to make first from Sunday Suppers.

For this review I picked the Date Cake with Toffee Sauce. This is one of the best Date Cakes I have ever made. The cake is moist with a lot of flavor and the toffee sauce is perfection that I will use with other recipes.














Karen is the founder of Sunday Suppers, a Brooklyn based food community and blog. Karen also is a photographer and stylist who has won the 2013 Food and Wine Digital Award, top food blog Saveur and number six in Babble.com top 50 Design Blogs. You can find Karen's work in New York Times, Martha Stewart Living, New York magazine along with other publications.

Karen Mordechai Photography
Sunday-Suppers Food and Community

I would like to thank Blogging for Books for their generosity with supplying we with a copy of Sunday Suppers.


2 comments:

  1. I've now ordered this one from the library. Cheers from Carole's Chatter

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips