Sunday, October 5, 2014

Cookbook Review: Tacolicious

I better get my review completed before my husband eats all the Pickled Red Onions that I made.  Mexican food by far is my favorite food, I could eat it every night of the week.

Tacolicious by: Sara Deseran co-owner of Tacolicious the San Francisco Bay's most popular Mexican Restaurant.



















For me this cookbook reads "street food" and would be perfect for hosting a party with Mexican finger foods and delicious drinks. To start with I enjoyed the Introduction and seeing where Tacolicious got its roots.  I love that this isn't your typical Mexican food that you are going to find at any chain restaurant. The flavors, ingredients and recipes is what I'm looking for in a cookbook.  I made the Pickled Red Onions, that took only a few simple ingredients to put together, and I will tell you the onions only get better as they sit.  I know this isn't the greatest photo, but this jar was packed with the Pickled Red Onions and my husband has been snacking on them since the day I made them.



















I have already started to make A Summer's Night Shrimp Cocktail for tonights dinner. Some of the other recipes I look forward to making are:

Roasted Tomato Mint Salsa
The Legendary Orange Sauce
Lime-Cured Cucumber, Habanero and Onion
Melon, Mango and Cucumber with Chile, Salt and Lime
Shrimp Cakes with Corn-Basil Salsa
Quesadillas with Squash Blossoms, Sweet Peppers and Goat Cheese
Ms. Reyes's Most Awesome Tamales (with step by step photos)
Guajillo-Braised Beef Short Rib Taco
Three-Chile Bistec Adobado Toco with Cebollitas
Off-The-Spit Pork Al Pastor Taco
Tangy Achiote-Rubbed Grilled Chicken Taco
Butternut Squash, Kale and Crunchy Pepitas Taco

The drink section is fantastic on making your own Agave Syrup, Pink Peppercorn Salt, Toasted-Coconut Salt, Infused Tequila.  Cocktails you will find Lolita Squeeze, Mexican Traitor along with non-alchol drinks Mango Agua Fresca, Pineapple-Coconut Agua Fresca and Homemade Horchata.

Tacolicious has everything you need in this cookbook, fantastic photos, ingredients glossary, mail-order sources and Restaurants They Love.

I would like to thank Blogging for Books providing me with this cookbook and allowing me to review Tacolicious.

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips