Monday, September 22, 2014

Cookbook Review - Simple Thai Food

This week I will be sharing three cookbook reviews with you. The first cookbook is Simple Thai Food by Leela Punyaratabandhu.

Ms. Punyaratabandhu is the award winning author of She Simmers, Thai Home Cooking Blog. She has written for several publications and makes her home traveling between Chicago and Bangkok.



















Simple Thai Food is a beautifully written Cookbook and for me the photographs sell the recipes.

After spending a few days going through the cookbook page by page I decided to make the Chicken-Cashew Stir-Fry (kai phat met mamuang himma-phan).  It was a very easy recipe to make and I was able to find all the ingredients locally to make this dish. (It is not always easy to find ingredients in my town)


















Other dishes I have tagged to make are Sweet Potato Fritters with Peanut-Sweet Chili Sauce, Northeastern Minced Chicken Salad,  Curry Noodles with Chicken, Spicy Vegetable Soup with Shrimp and Lemon Basil, Grilled Steaks with Roasted Tomato Dipping Sauce (Crying Tiger) and I can't forget the sweets Toasted-Coconut Meringue Cookies and Crunchy Chewy Water Chestnut Dumplings in Iced Coconut Syrup.

If you love Thai food as much as I do you will enjoy this cookbook and use it often.

I received a copy of Simple Thai Food from Blogging for Books.

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips