Tuesday, August 26, 2014

What's in your pantry?

One thing I am really bad at is buying groceries putting them in the pantry and not getting around to using what I purchased in a timely manner.  Then my pantry gets so packed I can't fit another thing in it.  It was time to go through the pantry and refrigerator and see what I could put together, that was fast and a one "pot" meal.

I came up with a Chicken and Broccoli Calzone and I'm using the word Calzone loosely. I must say it did come out pretty darn good and it is filling. It's kinda like a giant Hot Pocket.

What's in your pantry?





















Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Calzone

1/2 pound chicken tenders, cut into bite size pieces
2 tablespoons Fiesta Chili Seasonings, found in the Hispanic section of market
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 onion, sliced thin
1/4 cup Marsala Wine
15 oz jar Classico Light Alfredo Sauce
1 1/2 cup frozen broccoli florets
1 Pillsbury Thin Pizza Crust
4 slices or provolone or swiss cheese (I used swiss)
1 egg
salt and pepper

Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Heat olive oil in a large skillet.  Cover chicken with chili seasonings and salt.  Add marsala wine, chicken, onions to skillet and sauté for 3 minutes turn chicken; cook another 3 minutes. Add Alfredo sauce and broccoli and simmer for 5 minutes.  Roll out pizza dough and place on a parchment paper covered baking dish. Add the chicken and broccoli mixture down the center of the pizza dough; place cheese slices on top of the mixture. Cut dough to allow you to wrap the dough on top of the mixture. Beat egg and brush on top of the dough, sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Bake for 10 to 15 minutes; until crust is golden, let sit for 10 minutes before cutting.

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips