Monday, July 21, 2014

Cookbook Review - The Banh Mi Handbook by Andrea Nguyen

I received a copy of The Banh Mi Handbook - Recipes for Crazy-Delicious Vietnamese Sandwiches by Andrea Nguyen.  I thumbed through this cookbook while sitting in the truck waiting for my husband to get finished with his torture I mean physical therapy.  I was so intrigued by this cookbook I went back to page one and started reading through it page by page, I have never had an hour go by so fast.

Starting with the Banh Mi Pantry and going on to the bread, mayonnaise, sauces and pickles, to the cold cuts and the list goes on.  Who knew that the bread makes the sandwich and to have recipes and photos to make the bread in this book is fantastic.

Recipes that caught my eye: Sriracha Aioli, Citrusy Red Cabbage Pickle, Daikon and Carrot Pickle, Sri Lankan Black Curry Chicken, Shrimp in Caramel Sauce, Star Anise and Lemongrass Sloppy Joe and Crispy Drunken Chicken just to name a few.















Pros:  Beautifully written, informative, great photographs, variety, recipes that are easy to follow

Cons: None

I am a sandwich fan, check my Pinterest Sandwich Board out, no joke this cookbook was written for me.  I hope there will be a book 2 with more sandwich recipes.

I received The Banh Mi Handbook from Blogging for Books

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips