Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Pineapple Upside Down Pancakes

You know you are in a rut when you start changing things, it might be the furniture in your bedroom, the pictures on your wall.  Well in my case it's my blog, first it was changing my blog's design and now I'm changing how I post.  Somethings might not work and some might be a perfect fit you never know until you try. 

My first change is themed months, doesn't that sound fun!  Once a week through the month of June I will be posting a Breakfast recipe.  To kick off the first week I made Pineapple Upside Down Pancakes.





























Pineapple Upside Down Pancakes

2 cups flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
2 teaspoons baking powder
3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
3/4 cup buttermilk (you can sub all milk if you don't have buttermilk)
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
1/4 cup melted butter, cooled
9 pineapple rings
9 maraschino cherries
butter

In a large bowl mix together dry ingredients.  In a separate bowl whisk together wet ingredients.  Slowly add wet ingredients to the dry stirring at the same time until it's all incorporated.  Allow batter to rest 8 to 10 minutes while you are heating your griddle.

Butter griddle, add a pineapple ring and place a cherry inside the ring, top with batter so the pineapple is covered.  Cook on a medium low heat until the edges of the pancake are dry, flip and continue to cook on the other side until done. Serve with butter and syrup.  Makes 9 pancakes

Sharing the love over at:
Mixitup

2 comments:

  1. Those sound great kinda like my bananas foster pancakes! Andrew will loves these.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips