Monday, November 19, 2012

That's What I'm Talking About Pizza

I received the phone call today about the Johnsonville Pizza Possibilities Contest and I was not chosen as the grand prize winner.  This is the closest I've gotten to winning a recipe contest so I am thrilled to death.  

Here is one of my other entries in the contest.

That's What I'm Talking About Pizza
A yummy pizza with Johnsonville Hot Italian Link Sausage with red sauce topped with a refreshing relish



2 Tablespoons fresh basil, minced
1 large Roma tomato, chopped
10 yellow cherry tomatoes, quartered
1/2 cup sliced peperoncini's, chopped
1/2 of a red onion, chopped
1 large dill pickle, chopped
1/8 teaspoon celery seed
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 Johnsonville Hot Italian Link Sausage, casings removed
1 cup Kraft Mozzarella shredded cheese
1/2 cup Kraft Parmesan Grated Cheese
1 cup pasta sauce
1 Boboli Original Pizza Crust

Prepare relish by chopping and adding to a bowl, red and yellow tomatoes, peperoncini peppers, dill pickle, red onion, fresh basil. Add salt, pepper, celery seed and 2 tablespoons olive oil, mix together and set aside. 
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet, add Johnsonville Hot Italian sausage cook until crumbled and cooked through about 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside. 
Assemble: Add the pasta sauce to the Boboli Pizza Crust spreading just to the edge, add cheeses and sausage. Place in a pre-heated 450 degree oven for 10 minutes. Top with Relish Mixture before serving.

Tomorrow I will share my last entry in the pizza contest which happens to be my husbands favorite.

Until Next Time,
Pam

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips