Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Leftover Cookies

Today is baking inventory day, it's time to use up ingredients that have been opened and take inventory on what I need to do my holiday baking.  I've gone through my cookbooks and have decided on what goodies I will be making to give as gifts.

Today I made "Leftover Cookies" I'm using the leftover bags of chocolate chips, nuts, candy whatever I have in my pantry.  I make a large batch of standard cookie dough and make a couple of trays of cookies.  The rest of the dough I freeze for when I need to bake up some last minute cookies.

This time I did something a little different with the recipe I added spices to try something new.



Leftover Cookies

4 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon espresso powder (optional)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg (optional)
1/4 teaspoon cardamon (optional)
2 cups butter (4 sticks softened)
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
3/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 large eggs

What ever leftovers you have on hand I added 3/4 bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips, 1 cup butterscotch chips, 1 cup coconut, 1 cup chopped pecans and 2/3 cup rough chopped Pumpkin Spice Kisses.  

Pre-heat oven to 375ยบ 

In a small bowl add the flour, baking soda, salt, espresso powers and spices.  In a extra large bowl cream together butter and sugar, add eggs one an a time beating after each one, add vanilla.  Add flour a little at a time until all the flour is incorporated.  Add the leftovers and drop by rounded tablespoons onto a ungreased baking sheet.  Cook for 9 to 11 minutes allow to cook for a couple minutes before removing from baking sheet.  This recipe will make approx. 6 to 7 dozen cookies

Now Go Vote

Until Next Time,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips