Thursday, October 25, 2012

Classico Pasta Sauce - Chicken and Peas Alfredo

I use to make a big pot of homemade pasta sauce every month.  Then one day I didn't have time to make it so I ran to the store and bought a jar of Classico.  My husband loved it and said it was every bit as good as my homemade and I'm not spending hours making homemade.  That was way too many years ago to count and I've been using Classico every since.

I love there is a Classico sauce for any dish you want to make from a simple pasta dish to lasagna to pizza. I'm always trying new combinations with items I have on hand and my family is always pleased with the results.

Today I had some chicken breasts that I needed to use up and decided that a Alfredo pasta dish would be perfect.


Chicken and Peas Alfredo

3 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
salt 
pepper
cajun seasonings
1 lb dry Mostaccioli pasta
3/4 cup onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced and divided
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
1 15oz jar Classico Four Cheese Alfredo Sauce
12 oz bag frozen peas, do not defrost
4 tablespoons butter
1 cup italian bread crumbs
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated

Pre-heat oven to 375º. Rinse and dry chicken breasts sprinkle with salt, pepper and cajun seasonings both sides.  Place in oven and bake for 20 to 30 minutes until done.

Fill a pot with water, add salt bring to a boil add Mostaccioli pasta and cook for 8 minutes (it will finish cooking in the oven) drain.

In a skillet heat olive oil over medium heat add half the garlic and cook for 5 minutes (do not brown). Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds, add wine (or chicken broth) and simmer for 2 minutes.  Add to a large bowl.  Cut cooked chicken into bite sized pieces and add to onion mixture, add Classico Four Cheese Alfredo Sauce, frozen peas and cooked pasta to bowl and mix together.

Pour pasta mixture into into a large buttered or sprayed casserole dish.  In the same skillet add butter and melt.  Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds, add bread crumbs stir until butter is incorporated, add cheese and mix completely.  Sprinkle over pasta dish and bake in a 375º oven for approx 30 minutes until it is heated through and bread crumbs have lightly browned.

Click HERE for a coupon on your next purchase of Classico

Until Next Time,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips