Thursday, September 13, 2012

Product Review - McCormick and LiteHouse

While I was at the market today in the spice section I noticed some "NEW" products and when I say new they are new to me.  I was looking to make a dip for the Bears vs Packers football game tonight.

I picked up a jar of McCormick Grill Mates Molasses Bacon Seasoning along with LiteHouse Freeze-Dried Red Onions, Chives and Jalapenos.  All these bold flavors are going to make a fantastic dip. 



After putting the dip together I did a taste test just to make sure I had all the flavors together just the way I wanted and these spices did not disappoint so much flavor.  Two hours later I taste tested again and WOW flavor town.  I highly recommend added these jars to your spice collection.


Sour Cream Bacon Dip

3 slices bacon, cooked and chopped fine
1 1/2 cups sour cream 
1 1/2 tablespoon bacon grease
1 1/2 tablespoon McCormick Grill Mates Molasses Bacon Seasoning
1 1/2 tablespoon LiteHouse Freeze-Dried Red Onion
1 1/2 tablespoon Freeze-Dried Chives
1 1/2 tablespoons Freeze-Dried Jalapenos Red
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
salt and pepper, to taste

Cook bacon in a skillet until crispy, place on a paper towel to drain once cooled, chop fine.  Add bacon to sour cream along with bacon grease, McCormick Grill Mates Molasses Bacon Seasoning, LiteHouse Freeze-Dried Red Onions, Chives, Jalapenos, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.  Mix well, cover and refrigerate for 2 or more hours. Serve with chips and veggies.

Until Next Time
Pam




3 comments:

  1. sounds delish ! thanks can't wait to try for halloween !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you find the light house stuff and what store were u shoping at?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought the Litehouse at Smith's which is part of the Kroger family. I have also seen the Litehouse at Walmart.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips