Friday, September 21, 2012

Pecan Cider Acorn Squash

Wednesday I picked up my CSA basket and inside was a acorn squash.  With fall just a around the corner what could be more perfect than a acorn squash.  Going through my pantry I put together the ingredients below for the perfect "Fall" flavors.

Pecan Cider Acorn Squash


2 large acorn squash
2 tablespoons butter for each half of squash
2 tablespoons brown sugar for each half of squash
2 tablespoons cinnamon cider syrup or maple syrup add a couple shakes of ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce for each half of squash
2 tablespoons chopped toasted pecans for each half of squash
pinch of kosher salt for each half of squash

Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.  With a large knife (and some muscle) cut the squash in half and scoop out seeds.  Score the squash both directions and add butter, brown sugar, syrup, worcestershire sauce, pecans and salt in the center of the squash. Place on baking dish or in a casserole dish with about 1/4 cup of water in the bottom (to prevent burning and to keep the squash moist).  Bake for 1 hour or more until completely cooked where a fork goes in and out easily.  Let sit for 10 minutes to allow the sugar to cool a bit.

Until Next Time,
Pam
Jam Hands


4 comments:

  1. This sounds like a fantastic way to cook acorn squash! I need to get my hands on one to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always pass by through isles of Acron squash, never try to buy them. Sure next time I will buy, this looks delicious Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never eaten something like that and I really like what I see!:)
    These look and sound terrific

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing on Jam Hands.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips