Sunday, May 6, 2012

Sunday's With Joy - Week 2

Welcome back to Sunday's With Joy. A group of us are cooking our way through Joy The Bakers cookbook 100 Simple and Comforting Recipes.  This week we made Brown Butter Blueberry Muffins.  The aroma coming from the kitchen is incredible.



This recipe is very easy and I love the texture of the batter.  I live at 7200 feet and did need to bake it for 8 minutes longer than the recipe called for.  (something I'm trying to get use to)

Just for the record the recipe does not call for almonds.  While I was picking up the blueberries I passed some silvered almonds and thought it would taste good in the topping, I was right. 

One taste and it has become a family favorite. 



Next week we are making Leek and Asparagus Quiche.

Until Next Time,
Pam






5 comments:

  1. Pam - those look so good! I love almonds -- I'm making my muffins later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam these look fantastic! I love the addition of almonds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only one word can be said for your version of these insanely good muffins, Pam.... YUMMILICIOUS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the almonds! Totally a stroke of genius.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Almonds and blueberries...a match made in heaven! Very nice ;)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips