Friday, December 2, 2011

Something New For Christmas Dinner

I made the decision today not to fix a turkey for Christmas dinner.  I received a catalog in the mail from Nueske's Applewood Smoked Meats.  Everything looks so good it was hard to make up my mind what I wanted to order.  Here is what will be served for Christmas Dinner.

Spiral Sliced Bone-In Ham (Large Half 7-8 lbs) No. 521 $63.50

Chicken Cranberry & Sage Roulade (2 1/2 lbs) No. 646 $32.95

Now I'm going to concentrate on the sides and dessert.  I think this Christmas calls for something new all the way around.  I found a recipe for Pumpkin Amaretti Tiramisu which I am thinking will need a Test taste run.  I will keep you posted on the dessert.  I know how to keep my priorities straight.

Today was a beautiful day with just a few snow flurries.  Tomorrow should be the same clearing at noon.  That will make for a very cold Saturday night we are looking at 4 degrees.  Keeping the stove stoked and enjoy the day searching for recipes.

Until Next Time,
Pam


1 comment:

  1. That chicken cranberry roll looks so good - and your dessert sounds great. I am going to start my baking next week -- doing several cookies and then different pies and cakes for gifts. Busy, busy, busy.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips