Monday, October 3, 2011

Fall Planting and Cooking

Saturday's mail brought my tulip bulbs.  Right now the ground is pretty hard and I am thankful we have a storm coming in.  I hope we get enough rain to soften the ground so I can plant my bulbs.  I am excited to see the tulips come up this spring.  Here are a couple of photos of the tulips I ordered from Breck's

 Greenland

Kaleidoscope Mix

***

 I am loving this fall weather we have had beautiful days and nice crisp cool nights.  It gets me thinking about comfort food.  Soups, stews, casseroles and pot pies.  I started my fall cooking with this pot pie.

Chicken Alfredo Pot Pie


1 pre-cooked roasted chicken (store bought), cut up bite sized pieces
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 Tablespoon butter
5 carrots, diced
5 celery stocks with leaves, diced 
1 onion, diced
1 cup frozen peas
1 tsp dried thyme
1 jar 15oz jarred Classico Alfredo Sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crust


Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.  Heat oil and butter in large skillet add carrots, celery and onions cook over medium heat until tender.  Add chicken, alfredo sauce, salt, pepper and thyme cook for 10 minutes. Stir in peas and place in round casserole dish. Top with pie crust (use a small cookie cutter to cut out dough for venting).  Brush crust with milk and sprinkle a little thyme on crust.  Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, until crust is golden brown.  Serves 6


***

Things are coming right along with our basement.  The double doors, getting Bill's equipment in the basement and the electrical are all completed.  The final step is the brick work around the door.  I am so pleased we were able to get this completed before winter.  Bill only needs one more piece of equipment and that is a compressor.   For our first year in this house I feel we have accomplished a lot.  My next step is to make a list of things I want to do to the house and purchase for the house.  This list is not for the upcoming year but a guide to help us decide what we want to tackle and a check off list.  I hope I don't scare Bill with my list.

Until Next Time,
Pam




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips