Thursday, May 26, 2011

Favorite Things

New and Old Some of My Favorite Things

Ralph Lauren Colleen Flamestitch Bootie 
 The whole collection is beautiful and I am in love with the Embroidered Margaret Coat
(I would call this my Lotto collection)  

"I was inspired by the spirit of the rugged West, the romance of the prairie and how a modern, stylish woman would wear it." – Ralph Lauren -  Ralph Lauren Spring Runway Collection

Okay now back to reality
The Cuisinart Griddler and Panini Press available at Williams-Sonoma What I like about this Griddle it has interchangeable grills for a flat or panini surface and they are easy cleaning.



 Who doesn't love Cupcakes - Cupcake Vineyards  that is.  My two favorites are Red Velvet and Merlot however I have found them all to be delicious.

When I was much younger my mom would buy Horlicks Chocolate Tablets.  You couldn't find them in the grocery store but at the Drug Store (Sav-on).  I loved those chocolate malted candies.  I don't think you can get them in the States anymore.   Another candy I like that they don't make anymore is the Seven Up Bar by Pearsons.


The Drive-In Theater.  I miss a bunch of us piling into the car and going to the Drive-In.  Gravel on the ground, scratchy speakers, popcorn, soda pop and fright night.  I know there are some still out there but I think in this day and age they have lost their nostalgia.

Lastly is Oprah Winfrey.  I am going to miss her shows that made me laugh so hard I cried and the meaningful shows that also made me cry.  I learned so much from Oprah and her guests and I feel that the show made me a better person.    I see many things in a different light and I also learned how to cope with things in my own life that have been difficult.  With many of her guests I saw myself and it opened my heart to healing.
Thank you Oprah Winfrey for making a difference in my life

Until Next Time,
Pam






3 comments:

  1. Hi Pam,

    I arrived to your page looking for understanding the exact meaning of "the romance of the prairie", from Ralph Laurent's quote. I think it is a cultural reference, I want to translate it into European Spanish but I am not sure if it refers to a book, to a very old movie or something else.
    If you could give me a hand I would so much appreciate it. I think I am lacking some American culture :o)

    Thank you very much for your help and by the way, very nice blog! The nature around you is so beautiful!

    María

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam,

    I arrived to your page looking for understanding the exact meaning of "the romance of the prairie", from Ralph Laurent's quote. I think it is a cultural reference, I want to translate it into European Spanish but I am not sure if it refers to a book, to a very old movie or something else.
    If you could give me a hand I would so much appreciate it. I think I am lacking some American culture :o)

    Thank you very much for your help and by the way, very nice blog! The nature around you is so beautiful!

    María

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Maria for stopping by and your lovely comment.

    Yes you are correct "the romance of the prairie" is a cultural reference. It is Americana, western, indian, shabby chic country. The problem is trying to find the right balance of Western. I have a hard time finding the style without it looking cheap or mass produced.

    There is a woman that has a blog that embraces the prairie style http://fabulousfifi.typepad.com/chez_fifi/

    A Pendleton is a company who makes clothing and bedding that also embraces the western style and has been around over 100 years http://www.pendleton-usa.com/section/Home-Blankets/1816.uts

    I hope this was helpful.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips