Monday, May 2, 2011

Critters, Rubberstamps and a Recipe, OH MY!

My Monday Morning started with Bill having me look out the window at the tree right off our deck.  Sitting on a branch more than likely looking for breakfast was a hawk.  I was only able to get one photo of the hawk when I tried to sneak up on him he took off flying.

We then had a visitor come up to the house.  A gentleman from the DNR Department of Natural Resources.  Bill and I have been talking about visiting the Fire Department or the Department of Forestry since we live in a high fire area.  He gave us a lot of information on fire safety and said that the trees need to be thinned out to protect our home and they will come out and do the work for us he said it is paid for through our taxes.  I asked him if there was a fire while we are sleeping do they call us to make sure we get out.  He advised us to go online to the county and registered our phone number so we will be called in an emergency.  I am so thankful that he came up to our home.  

After his visit Bill asked me if I wanted to keep the BBQ that the sellers left when they moved out.  I don't feel comfortable having a BBQ that using charcoal in a fire zone.  Bill hauled the BBQ to the garage to take it apart.  When he opened it he found a nest and we had no idea how long it had been there.  Bill picked it up and there were a bunch of baby chipmunks.  He put the nest back down on the babies and took the BBQ back down on the patio until they leave the nest.  I bet mom was freaking out when she saw us moving the BBQ.

We went into town and picked up the mail I was happy to see my package arrived with my new toys :)
Whoo Hoo more rubberstamps I can't wait to start playing with them.  

I made Strawberry Shortcake tonight and used the Bisquick Recipe on the box changing a few things.

Bailey's Irish Cream Shortcake

2 1/3 cups Bisquick
2/3    cup Bailey's Irish Cream Coffee Creamer
3       Tbsp Sugar
3       Tbsp Melted Butter

Heat over to 425.  Mix all ingredients together until soft dough forms.  Drop by 6 spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.

The shortcakes were a hit with the family I hope your family will enjoy them too.

Until Next Time,
Pam


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips