Saturday, May 28, 2011

Another Hike

What a beautiful day!  Bill came into the house and said to put on my hiking boots and some jeans that we were going to walk up the mountain above us to the big red rocks.  Let me tell you that was one heck of a hike.  There is a game trail that the deer walk that we took and it goes straight up.  I had to stop many times. (although I made it sound like I was enjoying the view)  The view was unbelievable and worth the sore calves and burning thighs.  Here are just a few of the pictures I took.


 We came across the bones of a deer
 Makes you wonder how long ago the deer died and how it died.  By the bleaching of the bones I think the bones have been there for a very long time.
 I just love how the red rocks look against the green on the mountain.
 Here are our closest neighbors about a 1/2 mile by the crow flies but on the road they are a good mile and a half away above our house.
 Here's the "old dude" Bill.  What a handsome guy.
What a awesome view of the whole town.  The closest dirt road is our driveway.  Up at the top you couldn't even see our house.
I've taken more pictures of dead trees but they have so much character.  You can see how the wind over the years have twisted the trunk and bleach the wood.  

Happy Memorial Day Weekend - Remember those who have fallen.
The Home of the Free because of the Brave
Until Next Time,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips