Saturday, April 16, 2011

Prepping My First Garden

This is going to be my first serious garden.  I do not have a green thumb and my family teases me that when I walk through the nursery that the plants start to wither and die as I pass by.  Yeah it's that bad.

We have started cleaning up the plots none of the plants were dug up last season.


Bill took the gate off and brought it up to the house.  The wind had it's way with it and did a lot of damage to it and the hinges.  I can not plant until the gate is back on the deer would have a free for all.

Even Whitey came down to garden to check it out


There is a lot of crab grass around boy that stuff has nasty roots.  Any ideas on getting rid of that stuff?
I am looking at this garden not only my first garden but as a learning experience too.  I know I will make mistakes but I hope to learn from them and next year having a beautiful garden.  Any tips will be helpful.

Until Next Time,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips